Regulatory & Funds
In today’s regulatory environment, codes and guidelines require expert interpretation, not just scrupulous implementation: they have a crucial bearing on the success of regulated businesses of every size and scope.
Rosenblatt’s Regulatory & Funds work is carried out by a trusted consultant who brings an exceptional knowledge of the workings of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), having spent six months on secondment to its General Counsel’s Division.
Serving a wide range of regulated businesses, we provide prompt advice that is well-informed and well-rounded. With many of our clients preferring to have us ‘on call’, we frequently work on the basis of a fixed fee or monthly retainer.
Our consultant has been known to the firm for 10 years and provides clients with clear, practical answers and sound strategic counsel – ensuring appropriate compliance, precluding potential problems and minimising any damage that might already have been incurred.
For clients in the financial services sector — such as insurers, fund managers, banks, brokers, financial intermediaries, pension fund trustees and administrators – we deal with authorisation, compliance, distribution, product design and enforcement. Where necessary we work closely with specialists in tax, accounting and other areas, particularly those in off-shore financial centres.
National broadcasters and newspapers are among our clients in the media sector and we also handle regulation in the gaming industry. Across all sectors we deal with competition and merger issues.
Among the areas in which Rosenblatt provides Regulatory & Funds advice are:
- Compliance with Financial Conduct Authority rules (including those relating to the acquisition of FCA-regulated entities)
- Establishment of onshore and offshore funds (including the listing of funds on a variety of markets)
- Applications for FCA authorisation and amendments to the scope of a firm’s FCA permissions
- Marketing rules for hedge funds, private equity funds and property funds
- Advice on distribution of financial products and services (including ISAs, SIPPs, SSASs, QROPs, ROPs, EFRBs, EBTs and other tax-based products)
- Commercial agreements (including investment management agreements, administration agreements, distribution agreements and platform agreements)
- Outsourcing of administration, fund management and other functions
- Drafting of terms of business for brokers, banks and others (including terms for electronic banking and broking)
- Structuring of lending (including subordinated loan agreements in a form approved by the FCA)
- Financial instruments including derivatives
- Ofcom and Gambling Commission issues
- Consumer credit
- Competition law matters
- Investigations and enforcement