On 25 July 2016: Rosenblatt Solicitors, the City law firm, announced that its Corporate Team has enjoyed a record period of M&A and private equity transactions.
The team, led by partner and Head of Corporate Tom Ferns, has worked on a significant number of private equity transactions, including:
- acting for the management team on the £414m sale of Ibstock Brick to Bain Capital and its subsequent IPO on the London Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation of £770.5 million
- the sale of Forterra Building Products to Lone Star as part of a $1.4 billion transaction and its subsequent IPO valuing the business at £360 million
- the sale of Ingenious Asset Management Holdings Limited which managed £1.8 billion of investments to Tilney Bestinvest backed by Permira
Highlights of the team’s other corporate transactions include:
- the sale of Seren, a digital consultancy based in Silicon Roundabout, to Ernst & Young LLP – the first transaction of its kind for EY’s UK Advisory practice
- the acquisition of the Compass London Brokers and Compass London Markets businesses from Arthur J Gallagher
- the takeover by scheme of arrangement of AIM listed Energy Technique by Volution plc
- the sale of Portland TV on behalf of Richard Desmond’s Northern & Shell.
Commenting Tom Ferns, Head of Corporate at Rosenblatt Solicitors, said:
“The team at Rosenblatt Solicitors has enjoyed a very busy and successful period; the initial signs post the decision to Brexit are that this trend is continuing. Whilst the long term effects of Brexit remain to be seen, we have been encouraged by the number of new mandates we have secured. Rosenblatt has a long history of working with overseas companies, those in fintech, payments, media, property etc and for many in sectors such as these, it seems that it is business as usual.”
During the period, Rosenblatt Solicitors also announced the promotions of Gerard Dempsey and Martin Montgomery to Partner in its Corporate department. Gerard joined Rosenblatt in 2007 and Martin in 2010. Since joining Rosenblatt, Gerard and Martin have provided commercial and pragmatic advice to public and private companies, senior management and board members, entrepreneurs and individuals on a wide range of UK and international transactions as well as providing a full range of corporate and commercial legal advice.