Individual and corporate clients can expect from Rosenblatt sound legal and commercial advice in regard to issues arising out of employment relations. Our approach to such issues is always grounded in practical advice and solutions.
Noel Deans is a former barrister who practices as a solicitor and joined Rosenblatt in May 2017. Noel is an experienced employment adviser who has been a partner in two leading international law firms and was Head of Employment, Pensions and Incentives in the London office of K&L Gates LLP. Noel has acted for senior individuals, small, medium and large companies. He has acted for clients in a wide range of sectors including insurance, banking, publishing, advertising, technology, recruitment, oil and gas. His clients consistently recommend him to others.
Noel advises in a wide range of areas including TUPE, bonus and deferred awards, breach of covenants, team moves, fiduciary obligations, privacy, cyber security, social media, employment or self-employment status, partnership issues, financial services investigations and disciplinary hearings, whistleblowing, discrimination and dismissal.
Noel is consistently recognised in legal directories and surveys as an expert in his field. He is an accomplished public speaker and is regularly invited by organisations to provide training and seminars to their employees or members. Recent organisations include the British Bankers Association and The Institute of Operational Risk.
Noel’s recent work includes:
- Advising the board of directors of a bank on the new Senior Managers And Certification Regime
- Preparing a report for the Remuneration Committee of a bank on appropriate termination arrangements
- Successfully represented a director of a charity whose claims included whistleblowing
- Successfully represented a global company in a group action brought by a union on behalf of workers claiming employment status
- Successfully represented three individuals in separate LIBOR manipulation cases
- Successfully represented an individual in an Australian Bank Bill Swap Rates (BBSW) manipulation case
- Successfully represented two individuals in separate applications to the Financial Conduct Authority for the reinstatement of their authorisation