Clients, both corporate and individual, and fellow legal professionals turn to Rosenblatt’s Dispute Resolution team for incisive action on contentious commercial issues. The team has acquired an outstanding international reputation for its success in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and for its skill in smoothing the path to a positive outcome.
Laura Clatworthy, who joined Rosenblatt in 2005, has expertise in a wide range of company and commercial contract disputes, such as breach of warranty claims arising out of sale and purchase agreements, and commercial agency and distribution agreements.
Laura has a speciality in unlawful competition practices in cases of business diversion, covering issues such as: breach of confidence, breach of fiduciary duties, staff/team/client poaching, post-termination restrictions, inducement and conspiracy, in intellectual property disputes (trademark infringement and passing off), and trade libel. Laura’s work regularly involves injunctions and cross-border disputes and related issues of conflict of laws.
Laura was involved at every stage of the ‘team move’ litigation brought by Rosenblatt client Tullett Prebon against BGC (Tullett Prebon plc and Otrs v BGC Brokers LP and Otrs  EWHC 484 (QB)), a case concerning the attempt by BGC to divert Tullett Prebon’s business via the poaching of up to 100 of their brokers, and a conspiracy to induce 10 brokers to leave Tullett Prebon to join BGC in breach of contract. Having been successful in the claim, the Rosenblatt team also acted for Tullett Prebon in the recovery of damages from BGC.
Other cases of note include:
- Continental Capital Markets SA v GFI Brokers in a business diversion case (implemented through multiple ‘team moves’). It was named a Top 10 Case for 2013 by The Lawyer magazine
- Acting for various investment funds managed by Aberdeen Asset Management PLC in their claims against Satyam Computer Services Limited to recover losses caused by the fraud announced by Satyam’s former CEO on 7 January 2009 (known as “India’s Enron”), involving a forum challenge made by Satyam
- Merchantbridge Managers Inc in the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands Financial Services Division (shareholder dispute)
- Music Choice Limited’s various trade mark (UK and CTM) disputes with Target Brands Inc, including invalidation Action No’s 81859 and 81860
- Tullet Prebon plc & Ors v Anthony Verrier & BGC (for Tullett Prebon regarding its former COO’s move to BGC)