Clients, both corporate and individual, and fellow legal professionals turn to Rosenblatt’s Dispute Resolution team for incisive action on contentious commercial issues. The team has acquired an outstanding international reputation for its success in litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and for its skill in smoothing the path to a positive outcome.
Adrian joined Rosenblatt in May 2017 as a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department.
He was admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales in 1990, as an attorney at law in the Cayman Islands in 1995 and as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2001.
He advises clients on domestic and international dispute resolution including arbitration, litigation and mediation. His considerable experience in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia includes shareholder disputes, banking disputes, property and trust disputes, contentious probate and estate work and White Collar Crime including internet based frauds including a large multi-jurisdictional fraud claim involving investigations by international regulators.
Adrian has acted on a wide range of domestic and international commercial arbitrations proceedings, both on an ad hoc basis and under the Rules of the LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL. He has also represented a client in an investment treaty arbitration in the Far East.
He regularly acts for office holders, creditors, directors and other stakeholders in contentious insolvency matters.
Matters he has worked on include:
- Representing an international art dealer from Belgium in a claim against a major auction house and making a full recovery for the client.
- Representing a client in connection with various claims against a number of defendants for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties and conspiracy following the collapse of an international diamond business.
- Advising on numerous wire frauds for a number of corporate clients across a range of industries; obtaining freezing orders, judgments and awards, and recovering substantial monies for victims of on-line frauds.
- Representing one of China’s largest cement producers in connection with a shareholder dispute and power struggle at board level of a Hong Kong-listed company.
- Obtaining judgment for a major Chinese commodities business in the Hong Kong court of first instance and recovering illegal profits resulting from fraudulent futures trades on the Chicago Board of Trade
- Representing a litigation funder in a major construction contract dispute.
- Representing stakeholders in claims against a director and service providers following the collapse of a Cayman Islands hedge fund.
- Representing a Japanese client in a mis-selling claim against one of the world’s largest financial services companies achieving a full recovery for the client.
- Advising a claimant in a complex family trust dispute with trust assets valued at US$18 billion.
- Advising a well known international businessman in an ICC arbitration arising out of a dispute between council members of a Liechtenstein foundation.
- Enforcing or resisting enforcement of arbitral awards in Hong Kong under the New York Convention.
- Representing an energy client involved in a ship building contract dispute that was settled after referral of the dispute to arbitration under the LCIA arbitration rules.
- Represented the liquidators in the liquidation of a Hong Kong subsidiary as part of an international restructuring of one of the world’s largest shipping companies.
- Successfully represented Plaintiff in Scott v McKinley CILR, a contractual dispute over the forfeiture of a contractual part payment.
- Successfully represented Plaintiff in Brown v Millwood CILR, a property dispute.