Rosenblatt recently co-hosted the Blockchain Technology & Cryptocurrencies Conference at The Law Society on Thursday 19th April at 9.15am. The event was fully subscribed and run in conjunction with TechUK, Cork Gully LLP and Fisher Broyles LLP.
Rosenblatt Founder Ian Rosenblatt OBE addressed attendees to deliver the opening welcome keynote in The Common Room at the Law Society, after which the conference commenced with The Rt Hon Matthew Hancock MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport providing his commentary on Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
Several other notable speakers were present to deliver their insight and expertise on the subject matter, a full list can be found below:
- The Rt Hon Matthew Hancock MP (Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport)
- Michael Pierson (Co-Chair, FinTech & Blockchain Practice Group, FisherBroyles LLP)
- Peter Ferry (Honorary Consul of Estonia, Founder of Wallet.Services)
- Stephen Birdsong (Baroda Ventures)
- Helen Disney (CEO Unblocked Events)
- Paul Ferris (Founder and CEO ObjectTech Group, CEO Objective Group, Global Chair TC307)
- Rodger Oates (Consulting Partner, BFSI Tata Consulting Services, Chair TechUK, DLT Working Group)
- Genevieve Leveille (CEO 0TenTic8, Vice-Chair TechUK DLT Working Group)
- Toby Lewis (CEO Novum Insights)
- Veronica Mihai (Managing Director Cuboid Consulting)
This popular event created a platform for discussion and understanding of the accelerated growth of cryptocurrency technology from firms across the full economic spectrum including real estate, fintech, banking & finance, IT and digital identity infrastructure. The topics covered by the speakers included blockchain innovation and the opportunities it creates, a blockchain ecosystem overview of ICOs and cryptocurrencies, the transformative potential of blockchain and global regulation of token offerings.